Last Updated:
March 29, 2024

Per Page :

Experienced Child Support & Alimony Lawyer

Child support cases tend to be emotional and confusing. In best case scenarios, both parents want what is best for the child/children. The problem is, many parents disagree on what is “best.” Luckily, we have the court as a third party to help decide and rule on specific regulations that should be set in place to make sure the child/children are taken care of to the best of both parents’ capabilities. To help you navigate these regulations and possible outcomes, Mellany Marquez-Kelly will be with you every step of the way. We will guide you through the process, so nothing comes as a shock, and you are fully prepared for what to expect in a child support case.   Call at 239-214-0403 read more
0 Views : 12

Dedicated Paternity Resolution Attorney

Paternity cases can cover a large range of issues, including biological versus legal parenting, visitation, custody, and much more. Marquez-Kelly Family Law knows that paternity issue resolution needs to have the child or children’s best interests put first for optimal outcomes of all parties involved. Childhood stability in parenting is important in developing a positive pattern in the child’s growth to adulthood. Many times, this stability comes from a mutual understanding between both or all parents involved in the child’s life. Mellany Marquez-Kelly can help negotiate this settlement between parents, keeping all contact between parents and opposing attorneys civil while working in the best interests of the child / children. Call at 239-214-0403 read more
0 Views : 14

Relocation / Change of Domicile Lawyer

There is a multitude of reasons the primary parent of a child will have to move to a new location with the child. A job relocation, familial obligations, and a new job entirely are just a few of the common causes of a significant move. When the parents of a child/children are divorced or do not live together, and the primary parent is facing a possible change in residence, what are the procedures and allowances that need to be followed? Florida law is very specific in outlining what a parent can do to relocate a child to an alternate jurisdiction. Relocation, or change of domicile of a child is often petitioned along with determinations of child custody and other parenting determinations, such as visitation. A parent cannot just leave the current home state of the child with said child without legitimate reasoning because the non-custodial parent still has a right to have meaningful contact with the child. If a parent wants to move more than 50 miles from the other parent, he or she must petition the court for permission. Many factors are pertinent to the judge’s decision in granting the relocation, but an effort by one parent to deny parenting time to the other parent by […] read more
0 Views : 11